Students must attend Orientation Day prior to starting their program. Arrival after Orientation may result in their enrolment being cancelled.
- Timetable and program structure are subject to change at any time without notice;
- Students are required to purchase their textbooks (if required) within the first two weeks of class.
Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress throughout their studies at ANU College. Failure to meet progression requirements in any one enrolled course may lead to expulsion from a program.
- The student agrees to attend all classes. In cases where the student is unable to attend class for two consecutive days, ANU College requires the student to provide a medical certificate from a doctor;
- The Australian Government requires student visa holders to attend 80% of their program. Poor attendance will be reported to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) which may result in the student being asked to leave the country.
The student agrees to take full responsibility for his/her own personal belongings, including laptop computers, cameras, and text books, and releases ANU College for loss or damage to such items.
- The student understands that participating in events, social activities and excursions are optional and may incur an additional participation fee;
- The student understands ANU College will strive to ensure the safety and well being of students participating in any excursion/sporting event/social activity arranged through the College;
- The student (or parent/guardian if student is under the age of 18) gives consent to, and accepts all risks resulting from participation in the College's excursions/sporting events/social activities that could result in injury, permanent injury, and loss of life or belongings becoming lost, damaged or destroyed. In addition, the student releases the College and all persons associated directly or indirectly with the excursions/sporting events (‘the indemnified') from all claims, demands and proceedings resulting from participation and indemnify the indemnified against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage connected with participation in the excursions/sporting events;
- The student (or parent/guardian if student is under 18) authorizes ANU College or its staff to contact parent/guardian, and seek emergency medical treatment by a hospital, medical practitioner or ambulance service in the event of an emergency. All costs associated with this will be borne by the student (or parent/guardian if under 18).
Communication with ANU College
The student agrees that all correspondence between ANU College and the student will be via electronic mail to the email address supplied by the student on enrolment or the email address provided by the College to the student or otherwise via any communication method at the College's discretion.
Change of Address
The student MUST notify ANU College if they change their address and/or contact telephone numbers within 7 days of the change. For student visa holders, if ANU College does not have a current address for a student, then their visa could be automatically cancelled without their knowledge.
Transferring Between Programs: ANU College Programs
Approval from the appropriate ANUC Head of Program is required where a student requests to transfer from one program to another, for example General English to ANU Access English or Extended Foundation to Standard Foundation. Unexpended funds paid for the initial program will be transferred to the receiving program; less a $250.00 administration fee. Any fees remaining after payment of the receiving program fees will be refunded to the student.
Transferring Between Programs: ANU College to ANU Programs
Students reaching ANU entry requirements and intending to commence ANU before completing ANU College programs must first seek approval from the appropriate ANUC Head of Program and ANU Admissions Office. A pro-rata refund of unexpended College fees calculated from the start date of the ANU program is applied in this situation and refunded to the student, less a $250.00 administration fee. ANU College cannot transfer fees across to ANU on behalf of the student.
Students Demonstrating Below Pre-Intermediate Level English
Where a student demonstrates below pre-intermediate level English and is under the ANU College CoE (Confirmation of Enrolment), a transfer to another Canberra language centre will be arranged by ANU College. The difference of fees between ANU College and the other English language centre will be refunded to the student/sponsor less an administration charge of $450.00. Where the difference is less than $450.00, no extra fee is payable by the student.
Code of Conduct
All prospective ANU College students are expected to read, understand and follow the ANU College Student Code of Conduct policy. Students should also be aware that not following the Student Code of Conduct could lead to consequences as described in the ANU College Student Misconduct policy.
Student personal information, including personal and contact details, program enrolment details and changes, and circumstances of any suspected breach of visa conditions, may be shared with the Australian and State Governments, designated authorities and the Tuition Assurance Scheme and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager. Information may be also be shared with the ANU and any part thereof, our Homestay providers, agents and family members.
ANU College has the right to check a student's visa status and study entitlements with the Department of Immigration, and ANU College may report any suspected breaches of visa conditions to the Department. This may result in cancellation of the student's visa.
Cancellation or Suspension of Enrolment
- Students are governed by the policies and procedures of ANU College, guidelines as set out in the Student Orientation Handbook, the ANU College website and the laws of Australia. ANU College may suspend or cancel a student's enrolment where the student has not followed the rules, policies and conditions of the College;
- A student who does not meet their financial obligations throughout their enrolment may be suspended from their program until they have paid the fees due;
- A student who completes a program but has not paid all the fees for that program will not be issued with their graduation certificate until such monies have been paid in full;
- ANU College has the right to withdraw an Offer if the student does not meet the conditions of acceptance or if the College does not receive their program fees and the Acceptance Agreement before program places have been filled, or if the College does not receive the program fees within the period set out in the Letter of Offer;
- Providing false or misleading information may result in the non-acceptance or cancellation of enrolment.