ANU College offers a range of customised programs to individuals or groups, and are specially designed to meet the needs of university students, professionals from the corporate or government sectors, and to those who require a short-term cross-cultural skill for work or recreation.
Courses are innovative and practical in a learning environment which responds to today’s technical and economic climate. Costs are set within a budget sensitive to the needs of the client, as is the length of the program and the choices of activities.
ENGLISH FOR PROFESSIONAL PURPOSES
This course is aimed at an academic level and enables the client to reach a higher level of competence and confidence for more successful outcomes in the workplace, accessing various skills and techniques in the process. These include presentations, report-writing, academic theses, seminars and tutorials, as well as critical-thinking and analysis. Lessons are provided at either ANU College or the client’s workplace.
Clients could include:
• A visiting fellow to ANU needing to improve their English pronunciation;
• A tutor requiring further teaching skills;
• An Australian public servant with requirements for specific skills such as preparing Ministerials;
• An overseas diplomat wishing to refine their communication skills, learn Australian idioms and to understand the local media.
ENGLISH FOR BUSINESS / FINANCE / ECONOMICS
Reflecting the world today, this course responds to the fast-growing sector of international business. Skills learnt in this course include:
• English in social situations, meetings, problem-solving, interviewing and exploring further the ideas and skills necessary for effective communication and oral fluency to increase career prospects and future success.
This course is for those wishing a more rounded, cross-cultural English-learning experience, but again available to be customised to meet your purpose. It’s a convenient way to improve your skills for social needs, conversation, learning about Australian habits, customs, idioms, culture, literature, art, politics, government and history.
We thoroughly recommend this course if you’re planning to spend time in Australia and want to become acclimatised and familiar with the way things are done here.
These Customised English Language Programs are not available to holders of student visas as their principal course.