Essential University English (Undergraduate)
ANU College offers and delivers, on behalf of ANU, a one-semester award course in Academic English Language for international students enrolling in a university program.
The approach to the program is characterised by:
- An emphasis on learning to communicate through interaction in and with English;
- The introduction of authentic texts into the learning situation;
- The provision of opportunities for learners to focus not only on language but also on the learning process itself;
- Engagement of the learner's own personal experiences as important contributing elements to classroom learning;
- Linkage of classroom language learning with language activities outside the classroom, especially students' other learning in ANU programs.
COURSE DATES & FEES
Please refer to the following website for further information on this university accredited course: http://studyat.anu.edu.au/courses/ESEN1101;fees.html
Participants must be identified as one of the following:
- Undergraduate international students enrolled at ANU with an entry IELTS score of 6.5;
- Undergraduate international exchange students who are identified by Visiting Students Program staff as requiring additional English language learning;
- Undergraduate international students recommended to the course by a program advisor.
Assessment will be based on the following:
- Exercises (in-class and homework) based on class and reading content;
- Fully researched and referenced substantial writing task (1,500 to 2,000 words) in students' own discipline;
- PowerPoint-supported seminar presentation and leading group discussion in students' own discipline;
- Final exam;
- Attendance and class participation.
Further information on this course can be found at: