Extended University English (Graduate)
ANU College offers and delivers, on behalf of ANU, a one-semester award course in Academic English Language for international students enrolling in a university program.
The approach to the program is characterised by:
- An emphasis on learning to communicate through interaction in and with English;
- The introduction of authentic texts into the learning situation;
- The provision of opportunities for learners to focus not only on language but also on the learning process itself;
- Engagement of the learner's own personal experiences as important contributing elements to classroom learning;
- Linkage of classroom language learning with language activities outside the classroom, especially students' other learning in ANU programs.
COURSE DATES & FEES
Please refer to the following website for further information on this university accredited course: http://studyat.anu.edu.au/courses/ESEN6101;fees.html
International students must be enrolled at ANU at a postgraduate level and have approval from their program advisor to take the course.
Students will have 2 X 2 hours per week tutorial-style classes. Students are expected to complete up to 6 hours per week of personal study for this course.
Assessment will be based on the following:
- Exercises (in-class and homework) based on class and reading content;
- Fully researched and referenced substantial writing task (of 2,000 to 2,500 words) in students' own discipline;
- PowerPoint-supported seminar presentation and leading group discussion in students' own discipline;
- Final exam;
- Attendance and class participation.
Further information on this course can be found at: